Luv and Learning

Luv and Learning

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting in the Groove



Today the kids played a matching game for ASL. Yesterday they made flash cards (one for each letter of the alphabet). Today when they turned over 2 cards they had to sign each word and if it was a match and they didn't know the sign, the other person could challenge and steal :) It was fun.





For Physical Education today, Kevin worked with them on some basketball drills. Dribbling, passing, shooting and catching. Luckily Shea and Liam scored a new basketball hoop during the summer at a garage sale for 20 bucks. We put a new net on it and we are good to go!


Lunch time was once again a success. You'll have to bear with me through the lunch menu posts ;) I want to keep record of my menu options and the kids' favorites so that if luv and learning is still up and running next year, making my menu will be quick and easy! Today included: ham sub, chips and salsa, applesauce, and a funfetti cupcake with no frosting. :)







For Shea's health class today, we learned about the pyramid of basic needs. After discussing physical, intellectual, emotional, social needs and priorities....I wrote the various labels on post it notes and he identified the different needs around the house. Here he is marking a food item as physical need. Animal Crackers may not exactly be the bread of life but they'll work. Class dismissed!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! How are you planning out their lunches? I mean, do you buy and plan everything by the week or...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning the menu weekly, but I grocery shop monthly. :) I must admit that I was relatively impressed at my options this late in the month. haha

    ReplyDelete